Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Photography - Free Grey Card

If you are a bit serious about photography, you know you need a Grey Card for a number of reasons. What I can't quite digest is paying $10-20-40 for what is essentially a small piece of cardboard. So, if you want a free alternative to a Grey Card try a Glidden Seal Grey paint sample card (GLN46) from Home Depot. It's 3" x 5", matt (non-reflective) and free. It's precise enough for most applications.

I am using one and it's suits me perfectly. If I needed though a Grey Card for something really critical, such as calibrating colors for a fashion shoot, I'd probably buy something like this :

Opteka Premium Reference Color & White Balance Grey Card Set With Quick-Release Neck Strap for Digital Photography for $12.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment